Cheats for Insomnia
I have never suffered insomnia as such. In fact, I fall asleep very easily and I am almost immune to jet lag. Another thing is that, during the hours of sleep, my rest is quality … The truth is that, apart from bruxism, soil often have nightmares and I wake up more than once during the night.
Besides always turn to my infusion of soothing herbs and, occasionally, other natural remedies, for some attempt months ago dinner at least three hours before bedtime and quite light dishes. Although it seems a little relevant information, go to sleep with a full stomach is not too good idea and can promote insomnia.
Most health professionals agree that to be healthy, are fundamental good nutrition, exercise, emotional well being and good rest. In fact, sleep is a physiological process of vital importance, especially for the correct functioning of the nervous system, but also for tissue repair, growth, consolidation of memory and learning, among many other functions. However, many people have difficulty in falling asleep, insomnia being one of the most common reasons for consultation Units Dream hospitals. In this sense, the estimates that more than four million adults have chronic insomnia, and between 25-35% suffers temporarily.
There are many factors in our daily lives that are conditioned by the quality of sleep, such as physical health, but if the difficulty of reconciling it occurs chronically can lead to more serious problems such as cognitive deficits, anxiety or depression, problems Hypertension and even diabetes. Hence, it is so important to pay attention to sleep and try to fight insomnia.
Food also plays an important role in our break. Numerous studies have shown that the synthesis of certain substances and hormones related to sleep cycle depend, in part, of specific nutrients from food. Excessively caloric dinners and the consumption of stimulants (coffee, energy drinks, etc.) during the last hours of the day, for example, increase the synthesis of neurotransmitters and stimulating hormones of the central nervous system, making difficult the conciliation of sleep. Meanwhile, elements such as tryptophan, the magnesium and zinc promote the release of serotonin, associated with the control of sleep, mood and appetite, and relate to the feeling of relaxation.
You may also like to read another article on AnxietyReduction: Anxiety sleep disorder
In addition to eating, it is also important to take into account certain lifestyle habits that can contribute equally to a better quality of rest. Physical exercise helps in the release of endorphins, which facilitates sleep. A good time to play sports can be late afternoon, at least three hours before going to sleep. In this way, we will get the positive effects of the activity, but we will not be too active at bedtime.
In this context, the IFLA have developed a Decalogue with tips to avoid insomnia and get a good rest. It is the following:
- It is recommended to sleep seven to eight hours a night for most people. Children and teens need more.
- Older people tend to be fine with fewer hours of sleep at night, but they may still need about 8 hours of sleep over a 24-hour period.
- We must moderate the intake of stimulants by their effects and the permanence they have in our body (between 8 and 10 hours); could be a rival to sleep quickly.
- You should finish dinner 2-3 hours before bed, avoiding copious dinners, which make our stomach work for much of the night, making us have a fragmented sleep.
- We must ensure that the room has a quiet, dark and relaxing atmosphere.
- A smooth transition to sleep is advised. Keep mobile phones, computers, TV and work material away.
- You just have to go to bed when you are really tired.
- Do not nap or sleep only for 10-30 minutes before 5:00 p.m.
- Vigorous exercise should not be done three hours before bedtime.
- It is very important to learn how to manage stress. Meditation or simple breathing exercises can be a great help.
Here you can get more information in this blog great depression facts.