Foot massages, benefits and precautions
Would you like to know what are the health benefits of massage on the feet, what is your explanation and precautions to follow?
The foot massages are usually performed to obtain a state of relaxation and wellbeing, they must be made calmly and leisurely way to provoke the feeling of relaxation is sought.
The aim of these massages is to address tensions and achieve an effect of calm and comfort. Here are some tips for a good foot massage.
The foot massages are given by the presence of reflection of organs and viscera of the body. It is a technique of gentle healing and non-aggressive, which is used to combat and stimulate the body to heal it alone.
The feet contain thousands of nerve endings and each organ function and body has a corresponding reflex point in the foot. Acting on these reflex points are stimulated nerve pathways, the function of the organ or body part that is tight, congested or damaged.
Benefits of foot massage
- Relieve body tension.
- Quieting the flow of consciousness.
- Serener emotions.
A healthy people reflexology offers
- A nice way to feel.
- Relief fear, anxiety and frustration.
- Increased vitality and confidence.
- It helps secretions.
People do not so healthy
- Societal restlessness.
- Soothes and treats the root of discontent.
- Counteracts fatigue.
- Calms nervousness, worries and fears.
- Relieves aches, pains and discomforts.
- It reduces stress by relaxing the muscles.
- Improves circulation.
- Cleanses the body of toxic substances.
- Underactive and lazy stimulates areas.
- Calm hyperactive parts and overly productive body.
Did you know…?
Performing reflexology continuously, basic bodily functions are normalized and tuned, favor the maintenance and health.
In reflexology we are all reflections, as well as pain, discomfort in the foot and the foot is a reflecting body for each area.
Keep in mind that reflexology is a relative production of endorphins; substances emitted by the brain and are a natural defense against pain, to make it disappear.
But the action is temporary, it is only suitable for acute pain, but will manifest a few days more afternoons.
A good massage therapy based on the feet can cause a slowing of nervous tension, a feeling of lightness and improved bodily functions.
It will also depend on the type of reaction of the person receiving the massage.
People who receive massage on the feet may respond differently to treatment. That depends on:
- The weather.
- Personal biorhythms.
- The diet.
- Emotion state.
You may also like to read another article on AnxietyReduction: The benefits of spa treatments
As to the massage
Normally the duration of reflexology should be 60 minutes.
- A gentle and soothing massage is sedative.
- A firm and continuous massage is invigorating.
Speed / Pace
- A massage will be slow and measured sedative.
- A quick and uninterrupted be invigorating massage.
When the maneuvers are repeated?
- To appreciate a painful area and in which, after handling performed, the trouble in that area persists.
- If there are lumps, dry area, sagging skin.
Precautions foot massages
- Do not perform the massage if you have made an intense sports activity type. It’s better to miss 2 hours.
- Not act on his feet immediately after performing an abundant food intake, allow 2 hours for the digestive system do its job naturally.
- Not act in the presence of foot infections (fungi, athlete’s foot etc.) for transmission problems.
- Avoid performing incorrect maneuvers on bone structure.
- Avoid performing massage to women in the early days of period, especially if the losses are plentiful.
- Avoid massage when pronounced swelling in the feet or if there are kinks or traumatic type contraindications appreciate.
- Also avoided if the person is very agitated, worried or frightened.
Not act on your feet in the early months of pregnancy, especially when it comes to risk pregnancies.