How to prepare a detox infusion of garlic and ginger
Both garlic and ginger have anti-inflammatory, diuretic and cleansing properties but also can help combat other diseases while reinforcing our immune system.
These days the word “detox“ is on the lips of many people worldwide, but there are still people who do not know what you mean exactly.
Well, before talking of an interesting infusion detox, we want to make clear that this term refers to that process whereby the general cleaning of the body is stimulated, eliminating toxins, fluids and other substances that are obstructing its operation.
Having explained this, then we want to share the simple recipe for a drink made with garlic and ginger, whose properties strengthen the immune system while purify the body to optimize the work of its principal organs.
What is the infusion of garlic and ginger?
The infusion of garlic and ginger is a 100% natural tea that combines the properties of these two popular ingredients to offer a drink with the ability to detoxify the body while others brings incredible benefits.
Both spices are in the list of foods with antioxidant, diuretic and purifying effects on the body which facilitates the expulsion of all those wastes that accumulate when you do not have good habits.
Benefits of Garlic
Garlic plant that is used is the bulb portion, i.e. what most people call the head.
Its medicinal properties are widely recognized and since ancient times have been used for the treatment of cardiovascular, digestive and respiratory problems.
More specifically, their benefits are that:
- It improves blood circulation and has an anticoagulant action.
- Regulates the levels of cholesterol, control blood pressure and triglycerides.
- Decreases inflammation.
- Its antiseptic action makes it a good remedy for skin disinfection in cases of wounds, burns and bites.
- Fights infections often affecting the respiratory system.
- You can reduce the toxicity caused by heavy metals.
- It has an antibiotic effect that can help combat intestinal bacteria.
- Its purifying effect helps to filter toxins in the blood and facilitates their expulsion to prevent disease.
- It contains a significant amount of antioxidants that protect against premature aging and oxidative damage.
- It is a great remedy against the symptoms of colds and flu.
- It has a diuretic that promotes the elimination of retained fluid in the tissues.
The party used the ginger is the rhizome. It contains a substance called gingerol, which is an asset that gives most of its medicinal powers.
Also it is a natural source of essential oils, minerals, amino acids, vitamins and antioxidants that make it one of the healthiest spices that can be found.
Its main health properties include:
- Prevention of cardiovascular diseases and disorders in the bloodstream.
- With its ability to block the effects of prostaglandin, it is good for reducing migraine symptoms.
- Combat vertigo and dizziness.
- It acts as a shield against colds and flu by promoting expectoration, although it is not convenient to take in cases of fever that usually raise body temperature.
- Its anti-inflammatory action makes it one of the best alternative treatments for rheumatic calm, menstrual and joint pains.
- It has an antidepressant effect and reduces stress.
- It acts against free radicals to prevent premature aging.
- It could be a help to combat abdominal fat, as it is anti-inflammatory and boosts metabolism.
- It has anti-cancer qualities.
Recipe for an infusion of garlic and ginger
The preparation of this simple infusion will not take much time and can do regularly to make the most of their properties.
As in this case the aim is detoxification of the body, should have a cup of tea every day before breakfast, at least for two weeks.
- 1 liter of water
- 1 small ginger root
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon (optional)
- 1 jar or glass jar with lid
- Heat a liter of water and when it boils, pour it into the glass jar to mix with ginger root and garlic finely chopped.
- Optionally you can cut a lemon into slices and add to the mixture.
- Let stand overnight and start drinking in the morning.
As with many other natural remedies, the effects of this drink are not immediate and are noted from the third day of consumption. Therefore, we suggest to be patient and take it following the recommendations given above.
Enjoy this powerful infusion and start feeling a healthier body free of toxins.