Rehabilitation: Prevention of stroke
Rehabilitation after a stroke is an important learning process, when it is necessary to start the recovery of the damaged body functions caused by the disease.
There are three periods of rehabilitation: inpatient, outpatient (at home) and sanatorium. Rehabilitation under the conditions of the home is basically always on the shoulders of relatives. This requires great patience on both sides.
How to care for patients at home
- A person after a stroke at the beginning of a bad swallow, his saliva is broken, food should not be hot or cold. Cooking should be done so that it smells good, it stimulates the production of saliva, which helps to ingest food. Do not give viscous food (syrup, bananas), thicken the liquid with skimmed milk powder, do not give too dry, tough foods, such as rice, biscuits.
- For situations with paralyzed limbs, treatment by position, methods of kinesitherapy has been developed. This contributes to the reduction of severe spasticity, increased sensitivity, restoration of muscle tone, prevention of contracture. Help reflex exercises and coordination gymnastics.
- If speech is impaired, take a course with a speech therapist.
The course of recovery begins on the 5th day and lasts 2-5 months.
Exercises recommended for post-stroke patients
- Legs together, hands in the lock behind the head, inhale and simultaneously raise the legs by 45 g. Then raise your head and stretch your arms to your raised legs. On exhale, help yourself to squeeze out air from the chest. Then, to warm the cervical vertebrae, turn the head to the left, and to the right. This exercise should be increased every day up to 100 times.
This exercise is very difficult, but effective, if you move at a pace.
- This exercise is performed in the same sequence as the previous one, but raising your legs by 45 grams you need to do circular movements, pulling up the toes of the feet, heels forward, straightening and knee joints. Hands and head move like the first exercise. You can execute up to 100 times or more.
- Raise the legs to 90 g, keeping the ankle perpendicular to the shin. Then rotate the circular movements outward and backwards (50 times in each direction), keeping the legs as high as possible. After each exercise – shaking feet, holding them at an angle of 45 gr.
- Stretching of the spine. Put your hands behind your head, your socks forward and raise your spine, leaning on the heels and the back of your neck, simultaneously taking a breath and holding your breath. At exhalation it will fall on the back, socks to pull to the head, and hands – to the toes of the feet.
- If anyone can, can perform the following exercise: raise your legs to the wall, stand on your shoulders. And try to stay in this position for as long as possible.
Occupation of one gymnastics – this is not enough. It is desirable to combine the treatment with the methods of folk remedies, medicinal plants.
The use of herbs in rehabilitation after a stroke
Many people know that lemon balm and mint can expand the blood vessels of the brain. The same property, but more pronounced is the mountain arnica, many of which are used for post-stroke rehabilitation. Especially, one can not do without a small vinca, which is often included in the anti-stroke fee.
The state of the cerebral blood supply is largely determined by the atherosclerotic background. Therefore, special attention should be paid to this issue for this issue.
For a general antisclerotic plan – to reduce absorption of cholesterol, the following collection should be prepared …
- Hawthorn (flowers) – 2 parts, horsetail field (grass) – 1 part, mistletoe white (grass) – 1 part, periwinkle small (leaves) – 2 parts, yarrow (grass) – 2 parts.
2 tbsp. spoons of the collection brew 0.5 liters of boiling water, insist 30 minutes and drink before eating 1 glass for 3 meals: morning, lunch and evening. To take follows courses for 1 month with a break of 10 days. In total, you need to spend 3 courses, after which you should take a blood test for the content of cholesterol.
Regulates the content of cholesterol in the blood and a collection of herbs …
- Arnica mountain (flowers) – 2 parts, St. John’s wort (grass) – 1 part, yarrow (flower baskets) – 1 part.
Infusion cook, like the previous one, take 50 ml 4-5 times a day after meals.
With angiospasm, the following collection works well …
- Cumin fruits – 2 parts, hawthorn (fruits) – 2 parts, mistletoe white – 2 parts, periwinkle small (leaves) – 1 part.
1 teaspoon of the crushed raw material pour a glass of boiling water, insist 20 minutes and drink 1/3 cup 3 times a day after meals. The course of treatment is long, with interruptions of 10 days.
In the post-stroke period, the permeability of the vascular walls is of great importance. In this case, you can prepare the following …
- Strawberry forest (grass) – 5 parts, horsetail field – 3 parts, St. John’s wort – 1 part, cotton grass (grass) – 2 parts, mother-and-stepmother – 1 part.
2 tablespoons of the mixture brew 0.5 liters of boiling water, insist 20 minutes and drink 1/3 cup 3 times daily before meals. The treatment should be conducted in the course of a month with a 10-day break.
Recently, in the fight against atherosclerosis, clover is preferred to red, or rather, to its heads. It can be brewed as tea, and you can make and tincture …
- 50 grams of clover heads pour 0.5 liters of vodka, insist a month and take 1 teaspoonful of water 3 times daily before meals.
You can also recommend the following effective remedy based on garlic with cranberries. However, do not forget that the drugs from garlic should be taken in the morning.
Garlic – 1 part, cranberries – 3 parts, all to pass through a meat grinder, take 1 teaspoon 2-3 times daily before meals. The mixture is well stored in the refrigerator.
On this we conclude the article and hope that in your case, rehabilitation after a stroke at home will pass gently and without consequences.