10 tips for a safe tan
Today we present 10 methods and tips to follow for a safe tan in the name of health, to ensure that the summer and your holiday is a time dedicated to your well-being and not because of annoying rashes or burns that can also result in the emergence of more serious problems.
Here are the 10 tips for a safe tan and at the top to find the right remedies and to protect themselves from the sun, especially for those with a very clear and sensitive skin. Sometimes this is at the time of going on holiday is a difficult dilemma to be solved and sometimes a source of stress and pre-start concerns, which affect customs and habits for the whole vacation especially if there are children in the family.
We provide ten tips for you to enjoy tanning without worries:
1) Choose products for natural skin: It is right to be aware of the ingredients of the sunscreen that you buy at the supermarket or pharmacy / health food; it is necessary to focus on products with broad-spectrum filter, i.e. with maximum protection of all the harmful sunrays (UVA and UVB). Are advisable products based on zinc oxide and other minerals.
2) Beware of the sun protection factor of a sunscreen: Factor (SPF) provides a numerical indication from 6 to 50+ on the product’s ability to block the rays of the sun.
It is advisable to never use a product with a sun protection factor of less than 15, while a sun protection factor of 30 is the index more suitable in most cases. For those who have a very, very fair skin and those who carry out winter activities at high altitudes you must use a sunscreen of at least 50.
3) Be aware of when it is best to expose yourselves to the sun: The best hours to sun exposure are those of the morning, between 8 and 11, and the late afternoon (after 17). Avoid the hottest hours of the day (12 to 15). If you are not located close to the shade, it is advisable to wear cotton clothing, a hat and sunglasses to protect your eyes.
To deploy solar radiation more evenly, it is advisable to also take the sun being in motion.
4) Expose yourself to the sun gradually: The reaction times of our body to the sun’s rays cannot be accelerated at will, but we must do it in a gradual and progressive to allow our body to get used more and more tanning.
Dispelling the myth of “the more you’re in the sun, the more you get a tan!”: The reserves of melanin in our body have a limit and only after about ten days we can talk about long-lasting tan, then we continue on our journey to discover the 10 tips for a safe tan.
5) Sensitive products “waterproof”: A lot of people forget to reapply sunscreen after being immersed in water, underestimating the permanence of sunscreen on their skin and thus risking severe burns. And so ‘important to remember to apply it, especially if after the bath you have the desire to relax for a long time in the sun, or you can purchase water-resistant products. It is highly recommended to apply sunscreen about half an hour before sun exposure.
You may also like to read another article on AnxietyReduction: 5 Tips for beautiful skin in winter
6) Do not use perfumes, deodorants or cosmetics when you are in the sun: All these products are likely to leave unsightly stains on the skin or cause allergic reactions due to photo sensitivity, a very intense blanching that occurs even you are in the sun for a short time.
7) Drink plenty of fluids and eat lots of fruits: Species in the summer time we are definitely more prone to sweating and then the release of water from our body. Drink at least two liters of water a day and eat 3 to 4 servings of fresh fruit is the ideal balance to adapt our body to the continuous hydration that will encourage more healthy tan.
8) Take care of your skin after sun exposure: The refreshing after-sun products contain substances that allow the skin to hydrate and to set the tan. So, it is important to treat the post tanning phase regularly purchasing specific products: after-sun, moisturizing lotions, lip balm, shampoo and shower gel specifically designed for the sun that give a refreshing relief.
9) Avoid remedies invented sunbathing: Some believe that inventing tanning as beer, carrot juice, infusions of fig leaves, etc. is a creative and innovative way to get more intense tan. Do not let yourself be enchanted by those who say there who got miraculous results, because all these fake remedies have not actually any active ingredient that stimulates the melanin in a healthy and natural way.
10) Nourish the right way: We, finally, the top five foods to stimulate the skin to tan faster and get the desired tan:
- Watermelon: As rich in lycopene, has great antioxidant properties that have effects similar to those of filters used for the production of protective creams.
- The tomato: If eaten cooked, increases the bio-availability of lycopene.
- Carrots: Are rich in beta-carotene, another natural antioxidant that stimulates the tan and prevents damage caused by ultraviolet rays.
- The berries: Currants, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries … contain vitamin C, carotenoids and flavonoids that are important substances for healthy skin.
- Green leafy vegetables: Cabbage, broccoli, spinach, turnip greens, arugula … are rich in beta-carotene, rich in chlorophyll pigment and lutein and zeaxanthin, two carotenoids that protect against ultraviolet rays.
- Eleventh advice, always the best of all … use common sense and protect your body, the most important thing you possess and always turn to your pharmacist who will provide important tips.